Monday 10 June 2013

IZE X JESSI JAE JOPLIN X JEAN GRIEGE


IZE teamed up with blogger/founder of The Fabulous Stains, Jessi Jae Joplin and her best friend and fellow fashion blogger Madeline Pendleton (of Jean Greige) to take these awesome photos in Los Angeles, CA. Read on to read our interview with Jessi and the rest of the collaboration!

PHOTOGRAPHER | Nick Ottaviano
WARDROBE |  O! Mighty Weekend
PHOTO CUSTOMISATION |  Jana Terblanche


Jessi is a number of things, lead singer of pop/rock band, The Ruckus, fashion blogger and music video director. She also founded one of my favourite inspiration blogs, The Fabulous Stains. Inspired by the iconic 80's punk rock film Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains, The Fabulous Stains is a gang compromised of some of the best bloggers and style influencers around the world - including grunge fashionista Violette Ell, tattoo artist Laura Cherrygrove and queen of Tumblr Molly Soda. Together they provide wardrobe styling and run a collective vintage store. Jessi is definitely one busy lady.


You're a blogger, a singer and founder of The Fabulous Stains blogging network. Can you tell us a bit about all of these different areas you work in?
I initially became a fashion blogger because I was interested in creating an archive of all the things that inspired me. As for music - it's always been my passion. Starting from my days in musical theatre, I learned early on that I loved to perform and entertain a crowd. It wasn't long before I created my OWN band and music.

When you're not busy working in all of these areas, what else do you do?
I've somehow managed to turn my social life into work... but when I actually have free time I love going to music festivals, flea markets, taking road trips, and travelling!


What was your motivation for starting The Fabulous Stains?
My motivation for starting The Fabulous Stains began after admiring so many influential people across the internet and believing in the power by numbers. I think it's very cool when talented people join forces to create something positive and that's what I wanted to accomplish with The Fabulous Stains. It has become a platform for all these girls to share their inspirations with the world... and we have all genuinely become friends through this - all bringing something different to the table.

Violetta Ell, a member of The Fabulous Stains

The blogging network features bloggers from all over the world. How can someone become a Fabulous Stain?
So far I've reached out to people who've inspired me by simply asking them to join the team! Everyone has been really enthusiastic about jumping on board and contributing creatively. But anyone can become a Fabulous Stain! We don't discriminate!

How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as a mix of several different subcultures. I am very fascinated by subcultures and people who differentiate themselves... I heavily research these groups and instantly become inspired by their fashion and overall lifestyle (grunge, goths, hippies, riot grrrls, punks, etc). I don't think I fit into one genre entirely... I simply pull various aspects and styles from different ones and tie them together.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains
What inspires you at the moment?
I am constantly inspired by films. Some of my favourites are Desperately Seeking Susan, Christiane F., Daisies, Doom Generation and Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains (obviously).

How do you think blogging affects style trends?
I think blogging has significantly affected style trends because fashion bloggers have the ability to reach so many people on such a wider scale. Plus, bloggers are real people - so brands have the opportunity to see what their customers are REALLY wearing.

If you could meet any of your idols, who would it be?
If I could meet any of my idols I would probably choose Gwen Stefani. I've been a huge fan of hers since I can remember - back when she rocked pink hair and braces in No Doubt. It's incredible how far she has come since those days... being a great singer, fantastic performer, fashion designer, successful business woman, and devoted mother and wife. She is a true inspiration... not to mention, she has consistently had killer style throughout the years!

Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I pretty much see myself doing the same thing, but on a much bigger scale and with a bigger budget (of course). I see myself travelling and performing with my band and The Fabulous Stains growing into an empire and becoming a household name. I will never stop doing what I love and being creative. It's what drives me.


No comments:

Post a Comment